DPHHS Home       About Us       Contact Us       News & Events       Programs & Services       Health Data & Statistics

A - Z Index    A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K    L    M    N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U    V    W    X    Y    Z

Mineral County Resources


to county list

Healthy Start Programs

Child Care Resources


127 E. Main, Suite 314, Missoula, Montana 59802 Telephone: 728-6446; Fax: 549-1189; E-mail: ccr@Montana.com WWW.childcarerecources.org

Child Care Resources (CCR) promotes high quality, readily available and affordable child care to meet the needs of families in Missoula, Mineral and Ravalli counties. To accomplish this mission CCR offers the following services: Child Care Food Program, Child Care Health Program, Resource and Referral Program, and Training Program.

County Office of Public Assistance


Box 488, Superior, Montana 59872 Telephone: (406) 822-3321

The Office of Public Assistance administers Medicaid and other financial programs for income-eligible children and families.

Mineral County Health Department


Box 488, Superior, Montana 59872 Telephone: (406) 822-3381

Contact for more information on immunizations for children.

Marketable Skills Programs



County Extension Office 300 River Street, P.O. Box 730, Superior, Montana 59872

As a program of MSU Extension Services, 4-H is part of the nation- wide Extension network that links research-based knowledge and technology to people where they live and work. In Montana, Extension faculty members work directly with adult and teen volunteer leaders, local advisory groups and others.

Prevention of Drug Abuse and Alcohol Abuse Programs

Safe & Drug Free Schools and Communities


Telephone: (406) 444-5663

This is a federally funded program through which every school in Montana can apply. Once an application is approved, a base allocation will be provided in order to begin drug prevention programs, etc. in the school and community. After a school has been approved they have the option to apply for a "Greatest Need" grant, which provides extra money to 12- 14 schools. The Greatest Need grant is a competitive grant and is awarded on the basis of greatest need. Contact their office for more information on obtaining an application.

Page last updated: 12/27/2010