DPHHS Home       About Us       Contact Us       News & Events       Programs & Services       Health Data & Statistics

A - Z Index    A    B    C    D    E    F    G    H    I    J    K    L    M    N    O    P    Q    R    S    T    U    V    W    X    Y    Z

Blaine County Resources


to county list

Healthy Start Programs

Blaine County Health Department


420 Ohio Courthouse Annex, PO Box 516, Chinook, Montana 59523 Phone: 406-357-2345 Fax: 406-357-3891

Website: : http://co.blaine.mt.gov/ Contact for more information on immunizations for children.

County Office of Public Assistance


400 Ohio Street, P.O. Box 1088, Chinook, Montana 59523 Telephone: (406) 357-2276

Contact information for Blaine County Office of Public Assistance: 100 Chippewa Street W. (Behind Old Hospital) Harlem, MT 59526 Phone: 406-353-4269

Whitefish Christian Church - Head Start


914 2nd Street East, Columbia Falls, Montana 59937 Telephone: (406) 862-7346

Federally funded, private, non-profit child development program which also offers social, nutritional, health, and transportation services. This program is free of charge to families who are income eligible according to the Federal poverty index.

Marketable Skills Programs



County Extension Office Old Armory Building P.O. Box, Chinook, Montana 59523 Telephone: (406) 357-3200

As a program of MSU Extension Services, 4-H is part of the nation- wide Extension network that links research-based knowledge and technology to people where they live and work. In Montana, Extension faculty members work directly with adult and teen volunteer leaders, local advisory groups and others.

Prevention of Drug Abuse and Alcohol Abuse Programs



Old Armory Building, Chinook, Montana 9253 Telephone: (406) 357-2345

Support group for adult children of alcoholics, adults in dysfunctional families, or those who are close to a chemically dependent person.

Safe & Drug Free Schools and Communities


Telephone: (406) 444-5663

This is a federally funded program through which every school in Montana can apply. Once an application is approved, a base allocation will be provided in order to begin drug prevention programs, etc. in the school and community. After a school has been approved they have the option to apply for a "Greatest Need" grant, which provides extra money to 12- 14 schools. The Greatest Need grant is a competitive grant and is awarded on the basis of greatest need. Contact their office for more information on obtaining an application.

Safe Places and Structured Activity Programs

Child Care Link


P.O. Box 1471, Havre, Montana 59501 Telephone: (406) 265-6743

Provides child care payment assistance and distributes lists of child care providers in Hill, Blaine, and Liberty Counties.

Page last updated: 12/27/2010