The VISTA Summer Associate program is a short-term service opportunity that combines indirect service with direct service activities. The Summer Associate program enhances an existing VISTA project by providing individuals that will participate for 10 weeks in an intensive level of summer service. Summer Associates typically serve from early June to mid-August with programs that prevent summer learning loss or childhood hunger.
Review the Summer Associate Applicant Introduction for more information.
- Summer Associates must be at least 18 years of age at the time of placement
- Be a U.S. Citizen, National or Legal Resident
- Able to commit and serve on a full-time basis for 8-10 weeks
- Not listed on the National Sex Offenders Public Registry
Benefits and Support
In addition to making a credible effort to help people and communities escape poverty, Summer Associates receive benefits and support during and after successful completion of summer service.
Summer Associates are eligible to receive:
- A $1,212.44 Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or a $285 end of service cash stipend
- On-Site Orientation and Training
- A modest living allowance of $973/month (as of October 2014) to cover necessities during service.
- Involvement in the AmeriCorps VISTA Alumni Network and Community
Visit the My AmeriCorps website to apply online.
If you already have an application in the online system, log in and skip to Step 3.
If you do not have an application in the online system, you will need to create on before you can apply.
- When you arrive at My AmeriCorps, create a profile by following the prompts.
- Follow the on-line application instructions and complete the application. This will take approximately 30-45 minutes or more - you can save your progress and complete it in increments.
- Once you have completed your application, click on 'Search Listings'.
- On the next screen in the quick search option, select or input the following:
- Program Type - AmeriCorps VISTA
- State - Montana
- Program Name - PRC
- Once you find a program that you are interested in, click on the listing.
- If you feel that this listing is a potential match for you, click on "Apply Now" at the bottom of the page.
- Congratulations! You have successfully applied to our program and we will be in touch. THANK YOU!
For application materials and/or further information contact:
Des BakerVISTA Project Manager406-444-9654Prevention Resource Center
P.O. Box 4210
Helena, MT 59604