VISTA Application Process
View the Applicant Introduction for more information about VISTA benefits, available positions, and more.
Qualifications for VISTA Service
- Applicants to full year VISTA positions must have a Bachelor's degree or significant life experience.
- Superior written and oral communication skills; experience with organizational relations; demonstrated initiative and motivation; good interpersonal skills; ability to work independent of supervision.
- Prefer (but not necessary); Experience working with volunteer recruitment/management and community organizing; computer literacy; knowledge of statistics and community planning; personal transportation.
- AmeriCorps VISTA is open to all U.S. citizens, nationals, or lawful permanent resident aliens age 18 and older.
- You are required to submit to a federal background check and finger printing.
Visit the PRC AmeriCorps Listings website to view our available positions and apply online.
If you already have an application in the online system, log in and skip to Step 3.
If you do not have an application in the online system, you will need to create on before you can apply.
- When you arrive at My AmeriCorps, create a profile by following the prompts.
- Follow the on-line application instructions and complete the application. This will take approximately 30-45 minutes or more - you can save your progress and complete it in increments.
- Once you have completed your application, click on 'Search Listings'.
- On the next screen in the quick search option, select or input the following:
- Program Type - AmeriCorps VISTA
- State - Montana
- Program Name -PRC
- Once you find a program that you are interested in, click on the listing.
- If you feel that this listing is a potential match for you, click on "Apply Now" at the bottom of the page.
- Congratulations! You have successfully applied to our program and we will be in touch. THANK YOU!
For application materials and/or further information contact:
VISTA Project Manager
Prevention Resource Center
P.O. Box 4210
Helena, MT 59604