ICC: Goals and Benchmarks
The ICC has 5 youth risk behavior prevention-related goals and associated benchmarks.
- Reduce child abuse and neglect by promoting child safety and healthy family functioning.
- Reduce youth use of tobacco, alcohol and other drugs by promoting alternate activities and healthy lifestyles.
- Reduce youth violence and crime by promoting the safety of all citizens.
- Reduce school dropout by increasing the percentage of high school students who successfully transition from school to work, postsecondary education, training and/or military.
- Reduce teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases by promoting the concept that sexual activity, pregnancy and child rearing are serious responsibilities.
For background information on the ICC's Goals and Benchmarks, view the State of the State Presentation